crispy chilli tofu 🌶️
crispy chilli tofu is one of my favourites because it’s so NICE but also i try not to make it too often because it’s so NOT HEALTHY. 😭
credit for the sauce on this one goes to maangchi, as it often does
- press your tofu so it’s not too moist and then chop it into whatever shape pieces you want
- deep fry the pieces in oil or, if you don’t want to deep fry them, shallow fry in plenty of oil for a good while making sure to turn them so it’s even
- once the tofu is about ready (nice golden-brown colour and crispy outside), remove it from the oil so it can dry and cool a little.
- combine equal parts gochujang, tomato ketchup and some kind of syrup in a pan and let it combine and heat up for a minute or so
- finally just pop your cooked tofu in and let the sauce soften the crunchiness a little. you’re ready to plate up and serve! :D